Discourse Software Alternatives, Pricing, Reviews & Ratings
Discourse offers several features to enhance the discussion of communities online. Let’s explore some of these features together:
– Community moderation: Discourse allows you to moderate the discussion by removing spam and dangerous content. Built-in Akismet also helps to protect the members from spam by new user sandboxing, user flag blocking, and standard nofollow.
– Dynamic notifications: Discourse notifies the members in case of quoting and mentioning each other, replies, and many more. If the member isn’t online, Discourse also sends email notifications.
– Admin dashboard: Discourse offers you to view relevant and essential community health metrics with graphs on a variety of areas such as daily engaged users. Moreover, as an admin, you can monitor the discussions and eliminate harmful content.
– Official plugins: Discourse provides several useful plugins like adding chat integration, topic voting, and Google Adsense. The options also cover adding mathematical notations, yearly reviews, subscriptions, footnotes, and many more.
Discourse doesn’t offer a free plan, but all three plans have a free 14 day trial in the beginning. Their Standard Plan includes 100k monthly emails, 5 staff users, and mobile app features with staff and page view purchased extra on top of the $100/month. The authentication and plugins are not the same, they are upgraded as the plans get more comprehensive. The Business Plan is $100/month, and the Enterprise Plan requires contacting Discourse to learn the exact pricing.
Discourse doesn’t have any reviews on Capterra, so the review process wasn’t as reliable. However, G2 reviews of Capterra show an overall 4-star for Discourse. Discourse is preferred for its innovative and fast nature, however, there are some concerns about the cluttered and disorganized design that makes it harder to use. Customers would like to have more customization and better mailing list management.
The discussion is moderated with a trust system to discourage negative behavior. Moreover, the community forums are viewed based on the members’ participation rate and interests. Discourse is supported on a variety of browsers and mobiles. The dynamic and modern nature of Discourse is highly emphasized. However, the constant updates and views of the page are often criticized as confusing and hard to keep up with.
Discourse, a free, self hosted, open source modern forum system for gathering your online community.37:03
Raklet is a community management software that provides you with numerous features and more than 4000 integrations to boost your company or organization. Raklet provides several tools to improve communication with its members and customers. Let’s explore the wide range of features Raklet includes:
PRIVATE SOCIAL NETWORK
Unlike Discourse, Raklet has a free plan for up to 50 members. Raklet offers three different tiered pricing plans: Essentials, Professional, and Premium starting at $49/month. Let’s take a closer look at these:
- Essentials plan includes up to 1000 contacts with 1 admin for $49/month,
- Professional plan includes 2000 contacts and 2 admins for $99/month,
- Premium plan offers to include a maximum of 5000 contacts with 5 admins in total $249/month.
You can find out more on our transparent pricing page and choose the best plan for your organization!
Based on the Capterra reviews, Raklet ranks highly both for ease of use and customer service. Reviews include that Raklet has eased the membership and community management for companies, and our engineering and support team are found to be really helpful and hard-working.
Raklet is listed as one of the top-rated software in several categories on Capterra. You can also check out SourceForge, G2, and GetApp reviews to see how our customers view Raklet.
How is Raklet better than Discourse?
You can see the comparison below:
Branded Mobile App:
More than 4000
The sky’s the limit
We believe this comparison helps you choose the suitable one for your organization. You can always book a call from here or reach out to us from support.
Start your free account and get to improving your community, using Raklet.
LOVE FROM OUR CLIENTS
Don’t listen to us, listen to what our clients say
Create your account.
It’s free for as long as you need.
Start for free & upgrade only if you need. Card not required.