We guess you already know that an effective community management requires knowing your community well. For an alumni association, our unique common ground is “graduation” from a particular institution. So we have a community quite heterogeneous. That’s why knowing well our community is a more complicated process.
As an effective alumni association management system, Raklet gives you all the necessary tools in this process. But first of all, you must have satisfactory answers to these questions. As a graduate student:
- Why do I need to be a member of an alumni association?
- Why should I donate to my alumni association?
Why do I need to be a member of an alumni association?
Your alumni might be thinking like “I can find and contact with people who have graduated from my school via social networks. So I don’t need to be a member of the alumni association.”
Thus, you must promise more than the functions of social networks. As a complementary platform to Facebook or Linkedin, Raklet’s creative solutions come into play at this point:
- With social network integration, you can retrieve general information of your members and classify them by the criteria that you define. You can manage your audience by tags, lists or custom types. And set up a communication strategy in consideration of your categories. You can send individual or bulk emails / SMS about the issues which really interest your alumni.
- All the graduates come together on the same platform and they strengthen their ties with other graduates. Well-designed filtration opportunities make the process even easier.
- You and your members can publish job announcements and apply. You can make your association more attractive with the collaboration and networking opportunities.
Why should I donate to my alumni association?
It might be not a good idea to ask your recent alumni to make a generous donation. That can damage your relation. But with your database always up-to-date, you can categorize your alumni and ask for a donation in appropriate ways and amounts.
But after all, you have to show your alumni the results of your donation campaigns. It is important to show them the importance of their donations by the concrete results. For example, you can regularly update them about the scholars who benefit from scholarship funds.
Your Raklet donation page allows your graduates to donate in different amounts. What’s more, they can choose to make recurring donations. Don’t forget that easy donation process will increase the rate of donations.
Alumni association management requires diligence in your relations with your graduates. Raklet makes it easy for you to connect and grow your community.
If you’d like to learn more about alumni associations, check out these articles below: